On 01/20/13 07:39 PM, Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
Somebody claiming to be Karel Gardas wrote:
I just build 7.6.1 release on my ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS which is
hard-float ABI distro. I used distro provided LLVM 3.0 and configured
GHC with:

Please keep in mind that GHC HEAD is completely different beast as
there is new codegen put on by defaul there and LLVM codegen is not
working correctly with it yet.

Oh? If LLVM codegen is broken in HEAD, that would explain why it's not
working for ARM :) Hopefully I can get it working soon with at least an
unregistered build. I have to build HEAD, since I'm doing cross-compiling.

The receipt is simple, first try LLVM-based build on fast x86 machine (i.e. cd mk; cp build.mk.sample build.mk; edit to uncomment BuildFlavour = quick-llvm) and once it's working attempt LLVM-based (the only way) build on ARM.

Also, forget unregisterised build, rather ask Austin how is it looking with his work on fixing LLVM codegen in HEAD.

And a last note: please keep in mind that cross-compiling is supported only using NCG. LLVM is completely out of question now, so you will have some work here anyway. I don't think it'll be complicated, but certainly some hacking with passing target triplet down to LLVM, but IIRC you've already found that anyway...

Karel