(I wish there was a way to add info to old posts for followups instead
of reposting!)

See my last post RE Zenni. The pair I'd sent back for repair I finally
got back around 9/8. So it took foreeeever for them to send back the
glasses! But the operation was pretty painless, and the glasses I got
back are perfect. In fact, the last pair was a bit crooked, but this
pair is much better! I've gotten a ton of compliments.

Went to the eye doc today for 2-yr exam. Prescription is the same, and
I happened to be wearing the very pair I just got back from Zenni
today, so that was the pair they used to 'confirm my prescription from
last time'. The glasses checked out!

I did get a new pair from the eye doc because my insurance covers the
total frame and lens cost for a specific set of frames. BUT - I have
to pay for any special coatings. And since I seem to have some
annoyance when I don't have anti-reflective coating, I wanted that.
But whereas this coating is $5 from places like Zenni, it's $48 from
my eye doc!! I won't even spend that much on a whole set of glasses
from online! Oh well.

In addition to the ones from the eye doc, I am going to get a pair of
rimless ones from Zenni as well (and my mom is getting a pair too).
There was a pair I liked at the doc, but they looked sooo much like
ones at Zenni, I figured I'd get the plastic pair from the doc since
those sometimes need trying on, and I knew I liked them. And the Zenni
rimless is a good deal at around $25.

Oh - also - I had a couple pairs I needed adjusted (always have probs
with tightness rt behind my ears). One was an older pair from the doc,
and one was a pair of prescription sunglasses from WalMart. She
adjusted the doc pair no prob, then adjusted the WalMart pair, but had
to go back and do more adjustments, and warned that she didn't want to
adjust them too much because she didn't know about the plastic quality
with them being from WalMart and didn't want them ruined. I just
thought it was funny. Since no one had said anything when checking the
prescription and fit on my $8 pair I was wearing!

My friends now joke that I use glasses as jewelry :)
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Check us out at the oft-updated http://www.glassyeyes.com!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GlassyEyes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/glassyeyes?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to