Being that I have posted on a few of the sites I have recently ordered
from I thought I should also post about Discount-eyeglasses.net. I
searched the other threads about the site but none of them are current
enough to reply to the thread rather than the individual posters. So I
thought I would start one.
I only placed the order from discounteyeglasses a couple of days ago.
It is for a wide lens in a rather modern frame that I think will look
snazzy for a 20 year old's sun-glass.
These are the frames I ordered, if you click on the color link I
ordered them in coffee.
http://discount-eyeglasses.net/htm/dis-eye_80218.htm
About a day after placing the order I spoke to my son and he tried on
a few pairs of glasses and said the style would look best tinted real
dark. He thought he would look feminine in the medium tint which was
what I originally ordered. So I emailed and asked if I could change
the order to a dark tint. A day later I got a nice email from Kam
asking some questions about how I found the site. I emailed him back
with many suggestions and mentioned that he had good reviews on this
site etc. Since then in searching this site I discovered that he also
has another site called Myeyeglasses.net
So that one I found through this discussion group. Thanks Ira for the
great resource!

I also stumbled on a comment that something someone ordered from
Discount-eyeglasses.net was way to huge for them. Well, the reason I
ordered the glasses I did was because of the 60mm wide eye size. My
son wears a 52 wide in a clear lens but I have noticed that this wide
style in a sun glass is hot right now. I wish I knew the height
dimension but will post back when they come.

Also I wanted to add, that while one of my sons was brick and mortar
shopping with me he tried on a frame called XXL cowboy which is a huge
sun-glass. He has a big head. I also tried on that frame and boy did
they look cool on me, but I have no idea if anything like that can be
made with my normal PD. That son has a 68 PD. Anyway that is where I
got the idea that my other son would really like a wider lens (his PD
is smaller though) and also because he has been looking at similar
styles and in a tinted sun glass blocking the light from the sides is
an advantage and in style. So if all goes well, I will post back and
let you all know how they turn out.

BTW now that I have taken a look at the myeyeglasses site I am hoping
Kam takes the idea I wrote him and makes a large rimless shape with
square edges so they look like Palin's glasses. Myeyeglasses does have
some different shapes than the other companies for the lenses in
rimless frames.

Finally, thank you again for this discussion group, it is so
reassuring to hear reviews from people who have ordered from these
sites!
Alice

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Check us out at the oft-updated http://www.glassyeyes.com!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GlassyEyes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/glassyeyes?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to