Hi.  I've had a certain pair of glasses for many years and the frame
recently broke (due to metal fatigue in the hinge).   I've been
looking around online but I can't seem to find anything remotely
similar.  I was wondering if any of you good folks had any tips on
this.

A photo of me wearing the glasses can be seen here:
http://cdn.okcimg.com/php/load_okc_image.php/images/65535x65535/65535x65535/0/405458121758036138.jpeg___150_500_150_600_08a9f2db_.jpg

On the frame it says "IMAGO Boreas".  I gather that IMAGO is the name
of the company and Boreas is the name of the design, but this design
doesn't seem to be available anywhere anymore.

There are several things I really like about these glasses, and these
are the features I've been unable to find.  Some I can find
individually, but I can't find them all in combination.

1) They're small.  By my measurements the lens is about 38mm wide and
32mm tall.
2) They're almost round but not quite (as per the measurements above).
3) They're metal.
4) They're black.
5) The rims are wide.  I don't mean thick front-to-back, but wide in
the plane of the lens (so they present a wide border when viewed from
the front).  The earpieces are also fairly thick pieces of metal.

I've searched a variety of sites, but I'm not having much luck.  It's
difficult to find lens widths any less than 41mm, and those that are
smaller seem to be even shorter vertically, like 30mm or less,
resulting in a much more oblong shape.  A lot of the lenses are 48mm
or wider, which seems way too wide to me.  I bought a pair of round
frames from Zenni, but 41mm round is the smallest they have, and 41mm
is way too much in the vertical direction.  Some sites offer a few
perfeclty round frame options, but they're much too large for my
tastes, and there seem to be few almost-round options; they jump
quickly to very oblong shapes.

It seems difficult to find thick frames made of metal.  I can find
thick black plastic frames, but most of the metal frames just have a
thin wire rim.

Does anyone have any ideas about to locate something like this?  I'm
willing to pay more than the bargain rates offered on many of these
websites, but I'm reluctant to pay a lot without knowing what I'm
getting first.  Thanks for any help you can give.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Check us out at the oft-updated http://www.glassyeyes.com!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GlassyEyes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/glassyeyes?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to