No, the right  eye is +1.50 -.25 axis 90 and the left eye is +1.50
( no cyl or axis so put 0 or leave blank)
The add is  the same for the left and right and should be a 2.00

Your rx is actually wriiten wrong id it says +2.00 for the NV as this
really means your reading Rx would be +2.00, NV really should be and
I'm assuming ADD.

On Oct 6, 8:29 pm, Isis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm a newbie here. I just got my first pair of  prescription glasses
> ever, and (after finding this forum
> I sadly realize I paid too much.) But anyhow, I want to get a spare
> pair as I am sure to misplace or break these and I am having trouble
> reading my prescription.
> It looks something like this:
>                SPH     CYL     AXIS
> DV-OD+1.50       -.25      90
>        OS+1.50
>
> NV-OD+2.00
>       OS+2.00
>
> The optometrist didn't put any values under CYL and AXIS for the left
> eye.
> Does that mean it is the same as the values for the right eye?
>
> Also I keep seeing ADD mentioned. There is nothing on this paper he
> gave me that says ADD. Only the section marked NV. Is that the same as
> ADD?
>
> Thanks in advance for any input or insight(pun intended) you can give
> me.
>
> Isis
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Check us out at the oft-updated http://www.glassyeyes.com!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GlassyEyes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/glassyeyes?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to