Thank you very much for making me aware of all those options. I have started
looking into several of them, which may obviously take a minute or two. OTOH, I
feel rather disinclined to work with any but the smallest companies as large
companies bring their own agenda which is usually quite different from mine.

I have once tried a virtual server, with some extremely pleasant and some not
so pleasant results. If the GLLUG has a meeting at the beginning of next week,
it might be best to just have a chat there.

Moreover, I have unwisely already set up a tiny box to connect somewhere, so I
feel a bit reluctant to give up on it.