Hi, Andy,

On Sun 2020-05-10 20.35.20, Greater London Linux User Group wrote:

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 10:03:32PM +0200, Dr. Axel Stammler via GLLUG wrote:
On Sun 2020-05-10 08.53.16, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>So, I think moving to an "LVM mirror" solution is your best bet for
>future extensibility.

After reviewing all options, this indeed seems to be the best one in my case.

But it still doesn't let you move filesystems that aren't on LVM
in to LVM. I don't understand why you keep thinking that LVM lets
you do this. My very first reply to you pointed out this would be an
issue for you!

Thank you, and I am sorry I did not make it clear that I had dropped that idea.
I'll do what was suggested here: create a mirrored LV on the new drives, use R
Sync to copy my data from my old RAID-1 system to the LV, create new physical
volumes on the old drives (destroying the RAID), and extend the volume group
and the logical volume.