GDA uses, as you already now, GObject and then events are present for a
while. GdaDataModel have several notification events for insert, update,
delete rows, they can be used for your Python, Vala, C or any language with
GObject events support.

If you consider your improvements could be a benefit for GDA, I encourage
you to work directly in GDA. May be you want to add Python examples, or
write some code for GDA's web-server, or so.