[snip]

> I'm fairly sure that in most cases, and in your case, you should really
> have an intermediate table, because, in your example, not just one
> person can have an iPhone.

Absolutely. That example was not really representative.

> For instance, this uses an invoice lines table, which has both an
> Invoice ID value and a Product ID value. You can then use a regular
> choices drop-down:
> http://www.glom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Screenshots#The_Details_View_-_related_records

Yes, that is for m:n relations. An intermediary table is necessary,
because the foreign object is shareable among peer records. But as you
said, the question is if there are *that* many real world examples,
where the related object is not shareable.

[snip]