Le 11/09/2012 09:19, Julien Dombre a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Even if there is not much answer here, lots of post about such a feature
> existon the forum.
> The idea is interesting but what is the real differencies between it and
> templates ?

Technical : none ;)

Except: currently, "add from template" is done in the same entity while
"clone" could be done in another entity, but because this is simpler for
currently managed and clonable objects, really complex for some object,
like computer, because of relation (which imply some more code, from
transfert)

Code (in post_addItem) could be moved in post_cloneItem and handled from
commondbTM:
        if (isset($this->input["_oldID"])) $this->post_cloneItem(...);

Fonctionnal :

"template" is a special object, designed to be cloned
(must exist and set as template, some tabs are not available)

"clone" could be launch for a normal item.

Probably both have sense and should be keep (but code factorized)

> Cloning would be configurable to know with informatin keep or not ?

Not for now, could be an enhancement

Remi.