+gluster-users

Another guideline we can provide is to disable all performance xlators for
workloads requiring strict metadata consistency (even for non gluster-block
usecases like native fuse mount etc). Note that we might still can have few
perf xlators turned on. But, that will require some experimentation. The safest
and easiest would be to turn off following xlators:

* performance.read-ahead
* performance.write-behind
* performance.readdir-ahead and performance.parallel-readdir
* performance.quick-read
* performance.stat-prefetch
* performance.io-cache

performance.open-behind can be turned on if the application doesn't require the
functionality of file accessible through an fd opened on a mountpoint while
file is deleted from a different mount point. As far as metadata
inconsistencies go, I am not aware of any issues with performance.open-behind.

Please note that as has been pointed out by different mails in this thread,
perf-xlators is one part (albeit larger one) of the bigger problem of metadata
inconsistency.

regards,
Raghavendra