On 9/08/2016 6:39 AM, David Gossage wrote:
Currently each of 3 nodes is on a 6 disk (WD Red 1TB) raidz6 (zil on mirrored ssd), which I am thinking is more protection than I may need with a 3 way replica. I was going to one by one change them to basically raid10 letting it heal in between.

Wouldn't RAID10 be more protection than Raidz6? not that there is anything wrong with that, all my bricks are on top of a RAIDZ10 pool, as much for the improved IOPS as the redundancy, though it does ease the maintance of bricks quite a bit. Have had two drive failures where I just hotswapped the drive, 0 downtime.

As a matter of curiosity what SSD's are you using for the ZIL and what size are they?

Do you have compression enabled? lz4?

Is best way to do that a systemctl stop glusterd, should I just kill the brick process to simulate a brick dying, or is their an actual brick maintenance command?

There is a gluster replace brick command:

   volume replace-brick <VOLNAME> <SOURCE-BRICK> <NEW-BRICK> {commit force}

One annoyance is the new brick mount can't be the same as the old one. If you can I'd setup a test volume and try it out first.

--
Lindsay Mathieson