Hi all,

so we went further and deleted the entries (data and gfid). The split brain is now gone, but when we triggered a heal again (simple and full) we have many entries stuck in healing (no split-brain items). They are there since days/weeks and still appearing.

We would like to heal single files but as they are not in split brain I guess this is not possible right? The "source-brick" technique works only in that case I think?

A concrete example of one of that files that are stuck in the healing queue: I checked the attributes with getfattr and saw that one of the nodes does not have nor the data or the gfid. Missing completely. How could I trigger a replication from the "good copy" to the gluster node that does not have the file? Is it possible for entries *not* in split brain? Doing a listing on the mount side (ls) of the affected directory did not seem to trigger a heal.

Also the shd logs have some ambiguous (for me) entries. The sink value is empty, shouldn´t it be a number indicating it is healing?

[2022-08-28 17:22:11.098604 +0000] I [MSGID: 108026] [afr-self-heal-common.c:1742:afr_log_selfheal] 0-vol-replicate-0: Completed metadata selfheal on 94503c97-7731-4aa1-8a14-2c6ea5a84a15. sources=1 [2]  sinks= [2022-08-28 17:22:16.227091 +0000] I [MSGID: 108026] [afr-self-heal-common.c:1742:afr_log_selfheal] 0-gv-ho-replicate-0: Completed metadata selfheal on 94503c97-7731-4aa1-8a14-2c6ea5a84a15. sources=1 [2]  sinks=

I try to use the guide here:

https://docs.gluster.org/en/main/Troubleshooting/troubleshooting-afr/#ii-self-heal-is-stuck-not-getting-completed

but find difficult to apply.

Do you have any suggestions on how to "unblock" these stuck entries and what is a methodic approach to troubleshooting this situation?

Finally I would like to ask if the risk of updating the glusters (we have pending updates now) would be too dangerous without previously fixing the unhealed entries. Our hope is that an update could eventually fix the problems.

Best regards.
Ilias