I have seen speculation that if you immediately delete messages labeled
as spam, the filters may not be able to learn it properly. ever since then,
I never delete anything with the spam label. When I check mail marked as
spam for false positives, I just mark as read everything I have checked.
    It sounds like you might be experiencing confirmation of that
speculation. I suggest stop deleting what you mark as spam.
    If that makes no difference, then I would suggest using the Help
function to contact Google to report the issue. But it is quicker and
easier to try this first.