Hi Alex,

I am doing something similar as you want to do. What I have found is that you should use a combination of "Translate" and "Duplicata" commands. I have a code, which does that for me, see:
https://github.com/UgisL/flowMSE/blob/master/3D_MSE_bc_velocity/src/3D_MSE_bc_gen_geom.py

I am more comfortable with python, that is why I have done all the loops etc. there. My code is constructing a 1D extension, but it is easy to generalize to 3D. The unit cell definition starts at line 430, and the essence for duplicating surfaces can be found in lines 731 to 740.

Hopefully that can be of some use.

Best,
Ugis