Da: cgeuza...@ulg.ac.be [mailto:cgeuza...@ulg.ac.be]
Inviato: mercoledì 19 aprile 2017 20:59
A: Alessandro Vicini
Cc: gmsh@onelab.info
Oggetto: Re: [Gmsh] Version 3

> On 19 Apr 2017, at 15:59, Alessandro Vicini <alessandro.vic...@sitael.com>
> wrote:
>

> I just downloaded latest version and had a quick look at it. First of all,
> thank you to all developers as the new version is really a big step forward.
> I have one question: I see that if I generate a sphere using its primitive
> function, and then I export the unrolled geometry,

You should almost never export as unrolled: this is only for "flattening" geo
files made with the built-in kernel. (The fact that it creates points and
splines on OpnenCascade models is an undocumented feature that we sometimes use
for debugging.)

If you want to export a flat geometry with the OpenCascade kernel, use

Save "file.brep";

This will save the native OpenCascade brep.

Note that Gmsh never translates between CAD formats: it directly attacks the
native CAD kernel APIs - there is no intermediate representation.