Good morning,

I'm Tommaso Pascon a Openfoam CFD user who use Gmsh as a mesh generator
software.

 I'm having troubles trying to get an hybrid mesh with a structured boundary
layer area around a bluff body and an unstructured region for the rest of my
domain.

 I tried with boudarylayer field but i can't make it to work apparently so i
decided to use the extrusion function. This is working but i can't connect the
structured region with the unstructured one. It seems that these two aren't
connected together and the unstructured mesh falls into the structured part.

 What am I missing? I've read a lot of posts on that matter but I still can't
find a solution.
 If it's needed I can upload the geo file

 Thanks

   Tommaso Pascon