Hi Friederike,

I would probably try to fix this before importing into gmsh, either in the
surface extraction from the medical images you base this on, or in
post-processing using an STL editor such as MeshLab.

—
Johannes Töger

Postdoctoral Research Scholar
National 7T Facility, Lund Biomedical Imaging Center
Department of Clinical Sciences Lund, Diagnostic Radiology
Lund University, Sweden