He, Yang wrote:
Hi all users,

When I am defining the user potential functions using the table, I encountered a problem
that there are several unstable parameters  in the separate f(x),g(x),h(x) .For example,
in the g(x), there is a parameter "epsilon" whose value will depend on
different pairs.In this situation, I can not get a specific value in the table file . I
don't know how to solve this problem.

Can anyone of you give me some suggestions about that?

So your nonbonded interaction depends on your atom types. You could write a table for each interaction type, modify GROMACS to read them all in, and then modify the routine that calls the kernels to use the correct one. This additional memory usage would grow as the square of the number of atom types. You would also see some performance loss which you could minimize by arranging to evaluate all of one type of nonbonded interaction close together in the nonbonded routines, to minimize cache misses.

Better would be if some of these functions (conveniently) differed only by a multiplicative or additive constant so that you could re-use the same table and then apply a correction function, but you'll have to look at your own maths for that.