Dear Carsten Kutzner,

First off, thanks.  I did not specify it in the input md.mdp file, but when I 
looked at the generated out.mdp it had a Linear center of mass removal for the 
groups [system].

When I added the pull vector it works, untill the two subunits crash(move past 
a realistic distance towards eachother and the force ==too much, and then it 
crashes after atoms fly off....but I get a change in dG up untill this point 
from solution.

I will try and play around today, but woundered if anyone could spot check my 
final .mdp input, as I lack in reviewers (for this portion of my work, ie 
people using gromacs).  As at some distant point in time I will try and publish 
dG/ dH and possibly dS, and relate these to affinities (Ka, KD and kD), I would 
like to make sure I did it correctly before the hellish number crunching(ie 
most time consuming) part.  I did look over the tutorial already...

Thanks

Stephan Watkins

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 09:58:07 +0100
From: Carsten Kutzner <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] General MD question
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Hi Stephan,

On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:18 PM, lloyd riggs wrote:

> Dear All,
> 
> A quick question as I have not really delved into code for gromacs ever, nor 
> know anyone close whom has worked on it.
> 
> If I set up an MD simulation using a 4 protein complex, and 1 small peptide, 
> plus waters, etc...and run the whole thing the proteins never move, only the 
> amino acids within(constant temp RT and pressure 1 bar).
> 
> Two domains make one complex, and another two the other.  Basically, if I 
> seperate the domains say 5, 10, 15 angstrom, etc...the amino acids will drift 
> (the chains) towards each other, but the two large (global) protein units 
> never move their center (I know I can make it work with Pull vectors, but why 
> not in the simple system with a generated initial randomized velocities), I 
> woundered why they are fixed in a normal run with minimal parameters?  Is 
> there a reason (specific to developers), historical reason, or other?  As 
> waters move around fine, and anything else added (salt, small molecules of 
> 20-30 atoms, water) except the central molecule(s) of interest.
In a 'normal' run they should not be fixed. Could it be that you did 
accidentally
fix them by specifying center of mass removal (comm-grps in .mdp)?

Carsten

-- 
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit 
gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
-- 
gmx-users mailing list    [email protected]
http://lists.gromacs.org/mailman/listinfo/gmx-users
Please search the archive at 
http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!
Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the 
www interface or send it to [email protected].
Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists

Reply via email to