On Feb 2, 2011, at 11:48 AM, lloyd riggs wrote:

> Dear Carsten Kutzner,
> 
> First off, thanks.  I did not specify it in the input md.mdp file, but when I 
> looked at the generated out.mdp it had a Linear center of mass removal for 
> the groups [system].
> 
> When I added the pull vector it works, untill the two subunits crash(move 
> past a realistic distance towards eachother and the force ==too much, and 
> then it crashes after atoms fly off....but I get a change in dG up untill 
> this point from solution.
> 
> I will try and play around today, but woundered if anyone could spot check my 
> final .mdp input, as I lack in reviewers (for this portion of
I or somebody else can take a quick look for any obvious issues, but
nobody can guarantee the correctness of what you get, of course.
This is entirely your responsibility.

Carsten

> my work, ie people using gromacs).  As at some distant point in time I will 
> try and publish dG/ dH and possibly dS, and relate these to affinities (Ka, 
> KD and kD), I would like to make sure I did it correctly before the hellish 
> number crunching(ie most time consuming) part.  I did look over the tutorial 
> already...
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Stephan Watkins
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 09:58:07 +0100
> From: Carsten Kutzner <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] General MD question
> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <[email protected]>
> Message-ID: <[email protected]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
> 
> Hi Stephan,
> 
> On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:18 PM, lloyd riggs wrote:
> 
>> Dear All,
>> 
>> A quick question as I have not really delved into code for gromacs ever, nor 
>> know anyone close whom has worked on it.
>> 
>> If I set up an MD simulation using a 4 protein complex, and 1 small peptide, 
>> plus waters, etc...and run the whole thing the proteins never move, only the 
>> amino acids within(constant temp RT and pressure 1 bar).
>> 
>> Two domains make one complex, and another two the other.  Basically, if I 
>> seperate the domains say 5, 10, 15 angstrom, etc...the amino acids will 
>> drift (the chains) towards each other, but the two large (global) protein 
>> units never move their center (I know I can make it work with Pull vectors, 
>> but why not in the simple system with a generated initial randomized 
>> velocities), I woundered why they are fixed in a normal run with minimal 
>> parameters?  Is there a reason (specific to developers), historical reason, 
>> or other?  As waters move around fine, and anything else added (salt, small 
>> molecules of 20-30 atoms, water) except the central molecule(s) of interest.
> In a 'normal' run they should not be fixed. Could it be that you did 
> accidentally
> fix them by specifying center of mass removal (comm-grps in .mdp)?
> 
> Carsten
> 
> -- 
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit 
> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
> -- 
> gmx-users mailing list    [email protected]
> http://lists.gromacs.org/mailman/listinfo/gmx-users
> Please search the archive at 
> http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!
> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the 
> www interface or send it to [email protected].
> Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists


--
Dr. Carsten Kutzner
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Tel. +49-551-2012313, Fax: +49-551-2012302
http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/home/grubmueller/ihp/ckutzne




--
gmx-users mailing list    [email protected]
http://lists.gromacs.org/mailman/listinfo/gmx-users
Please search the archive at 
http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!
Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
www interface or send it to [email protected].
Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists

Reply via email to