Unfortunately, I don't think that there is any way to use this data (and only this data) to derive the PMF along z. The way that you did your US, the PMF along z is convoluted with xy motion. You can get the PMF along the reaction coordinate that you actually used (XYZ) using standard WHAM and try to interpret it, I suppose. In your special case, there is probably a mathematical conversion between the XYZ PMF and the Z-only PMF due to the symmetry of the system.

What one would desire is two separate restraints, one operating in Z and one operating in XY. That is, unfortunately, not possible in the standard version of gromacs.