On 12/24/2011 10:40 PM, leila karami wrote:
Dear gromacs users

I would like to calculate the standard deviation (as the error bar) for rmsd.xvg file.

If rmsd.xvg was used in excel software, it gives a graph as rmsd vs time. I want to have a file containing rmsd vs time

and error bar relating to rmsd values such that after plotting by excel it give rmsd vs time and error bar.

The RMS deviation in atomic coordinates between a reference and other state is an exact quantity. There's no statistical error to plot.

Mark

I have tried using g_analyze:

In this tool, is -av mandatory?

g_analyze -av average.xvg -errbar stddev -f rmsd.xvg

It gives me only a average.xvg file and at the end

std. dev. relative deviation of standard --------- cumulants from those of set average deviation sqrt(n-1) a Gaussian distribition cum. 3 cum. 4 SS1 3.215937e-01 5.472631e-02 7.739468e-04 -0.296 0.083

how to access error bar values?

any help will highly appreciated.

believed to be clean.