On 14/03/2012 8:39 PM, James Starlight wrote:
It's appeared two new questions on the same topic :)

1) By the way, new error have been occured when I've tried to use multi-core station with MPI to calculate such restrained model ( I have no same problems on the single station )

the error

Fatal error:
Time or ensemble averaged or multiple pair distance restraints do not work (yet$ For more information and tips for troubleshooting, please check the GROMACS

What should I do to fix it ?
I've made my restrained on the basis of example presented in the manual section.

You're probably doing something wrong, but in the absence of a command line and your .top file fragment, we can't possibly know.

2) Also I've found that there is more simple way to define restraines based on the BONDS enty in the topology file. Could you provide me with the more information about this simpler way ?

Simpler, but not a restraint to within a region. The manual section we are discussing links you to the available documentation elsewhere in the manual. I don't have the time to help with every interpretation question you might have.

Mark

Thanks for help again,

James

14 ????? 2012 ?. 10:50 ???????????? James Starlight <jmsstarli...@gmail.com <mailto:jmsstarli...@gmail.com>> ???????:

    Mark, thanks for explanation.

    So if I understood that graph correctly I must define R1=1 and
    R2=2 values from my example 1<Rij<2 to obtain quadratic restrain
    forces done in my distance range ( from 1 to 2 angstr). In other
    words this would restrains the i and j atom to the desired
    distance by the force wich would increased by the quadratic
    progresion upon distance will increased up to 2. Does it correct ?

    So the value R0 ( no forces= no restraints) must correspond to the
    values above and below my range. How the same range value for R0
    could be defined ?

    JAmes

    14 ????? 2012 ?. 3:42 ???????????? Mark Abraham
    <mark.abra...@anu.edu.au <mailto:mark.abra...@anu.edu.au>> ???????:

        I can't think of a clearer way to explain the functional form
        of the distance restraint than the given equation with an
        example graph of it nearby. You have some distance range that
        you want to see happen based on some external information. You
        need to choose the distance constants for that functional form
        to reproduce that in a way that you judge will work, given
        your initial distance. The linear regime above r_2 is useful
        for not having forces that are massively large (from a
        quadratic potential) far from the region of zero potential.
        Whether this is important depends on your starting configuration.

                I already answered this.

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2012-March/069301.html

            I've found only theoretical explanation of such possibility (
            gradually increasing force constant during simulation). But I
            intresting in practical implementation. Could I do it in
            scope of
            single MDrun by some options in mdm fle or should I do
            step-by-step
            series of simulation with gradually changing forces
            appplied on the
            disres in each MDrun?

        Only step by step. Something like simulated annealing is only
        available for temperature variation.

        Mark

            James

        <mailto:gmx-users@gromacs.org>