On 2/7/13 7:08 AM, Kavyashree M wrote:
Dear Sir,

Yes it is the same protein. Initially I had not superposed the
structures in the trajectory. But this time I calculated the msd
on a superposed trajectory (of the same simulation). the simulation
is carried out on a dimer for 50ns using OPLS-AA and TIP4P water
model. Using Gromacs4.5.3.
If any other information is required Please let me know.

The specific suitability of a protocol is dependent upon what you believe to be correct for your system based on precedent and chemical knowledge. Also be aware that post-processing of the trajectory to superimpose frames defeats the purpose of measuring diffusion - if you re-center or superimpose your structures, it's not diffusing! Dealing with a dimeric protein may be a challenge for which g_msd wasn't designed, so I don't know if there's an easy solution here. Perhaps someone else can suggest something.

-Justin

Thank you
Kavya