Hello Sam,

I have been working on setting up the http (Apache) setting for the
builder environment.

For example, for REPOAPT=http://127.0.0.1/$DISTRONAME_L or
localhost/$DISTRONAME_L

where DISTRONAME_L is gnewsense.

I created a symbolic link from /var/www/html/ as gnewsense to
/media/dennis/Elements/builder/srv/gnewsense.

where /var/www/html contains index.html which is the Apache 2 Debian
default page. Also Elements is the volume name of my external drive.

In the browser, localhost, brings up the default page. When I enter
localhost/gnewsense I get the 403 Forbidden error and in the error.log

I have the error:

          Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible:
/var/www/html/gnewsense

It is not clear to me how to fix this after some internet searches.

Does the apache user (www-data) have to be given read and or execute
privileges to /media/dennis/Elements/builder/srv/gnewsense?

Thanks much,

Dennis