Eric Morey wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'd like to purchase a SD / Micro SD USB card reader. Has anyone used
one that works out of the box with gNS?
Actually, even if I had used one which worked there would be no point in
suggesting it specifically. These devices use the USB Mass Storage
protocol, which has been supported since Linux 2.4.x. Same for USB
sticks, USB hard drives, and many digital cameras.
I found several options on newegg.com where users have commented about
being able to use the devices with GNU/Linux. Ubuntu is often mentioned,
but a number of reviewers do not specify a distribution. Will any work
with gNS?
Indeed all of them will. Go with whichever one fits your needs best.
I don't care so much about spending $ to find that the device doesn't
work with gNS as much I don't wish to reward a hardware manufacture for
a product that doesn't support our community.
I agree with this. If you haven't yet seen it, the hardware page at the
FSF is very helpful in determining what will work.
Tor
FSF Member 6865
Any help will be appreciated.
Eric...
_______________________________________________
gNewSense-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnewsense-users