This may be more meaningful upstream (and that's my next destination), but I'll start here.
I have emu10k1-based soundcard (Creative SoundBlaster Live! line) in my gNS box. Since it's one of the best-supported cards for Free Software, I used it. I also have a couple of spares I'd be happy to ship worldwide, and they're quite common. I'm having trouble figuring out how to configure ALSA / alsamixer / gnome-volume-control "just so" w/ gNS2.2 so that I can sample over the microphone (ekiga, mumble, etc.) but not have awful feedback with speakers. The last time I muted the microphone I couldn't get any meaningful input when I tried to sample again. Does anyone have this card (or would offer to help me out if I shipped them a card) and is willing to help? I'm just struggling to make sense of it. The cards work fine afaict, it's just configuration is a bit of a hassle right now. Feel free to reply off-list. if others are having the same problem I can stuff answers in the wiki. --BK _______________________________________________ gNewSense-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnewsense-users
