On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 21:25 -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:
Just to replay all at once... Yes, I have tried running 2.6.8.1 and:

> - Do you have DNS set up correctly?

Yes.

> - Have you checked your /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf?

Yes. I'm getting my address via dhcp, and the dns servers are correct. I
can do nslookups just fine.

> - Have you run with ssh -v to see what was going on?

Yes, actually I used -vvv for more info. The key exchange starts, but
then all traffic just stops.

> - How about running tcpdump on both ends of the connection to
>   see what was going on?

tcpdump, ethereal, et al. The traffic just stops. Almost like networking
just shuts down.

> - Do you have iptables running and inadvertantly blocking ports?

Nope, I even tried recompiling without iptables support.

> - Is there anything showing up in the logs? What's dmesg say?

Everything looks completely normal. The only error that I see in the
logs is:

Oct 13 08:26:33 metatron kernel: atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on
isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86, might be trying access
hardware directly.

Oct 13 08:26:33 metatron kernel: atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on
isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86, might be trying access
hardware directly.

However, I get those errors with a 2.6.7 kernel, too, and everything
works fine with 2.6.7. But, just for fun, I shut down X, and the problem
seems to go away. Hmm... Strange things are afoot at the Circle K..

C-Ya,
Kenny