[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I heard, somewhere, that Comcast is actually being sued for violating
> net neutrality.

I don't believe that net neutrality is the law of the land. There are
many who argue it may not even be a good idea, but that's beyond this
thread about Fedora by far...

> Supposedly, they're throttling BitTorrent traffic.
> Sorry, I don't have any links to support this; this info is purely
> from the rumor mill. :)

A quick web search on "Comcast Throttling" or "Comcast Blocking" can
produce lots of interesting hits of varied reputation...

http://consumerist.com/consumer/leaks/comcasts-we-dont-throttle-bittorrent-internal-talking-points-memo-315791.php

and...

http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-bypass-comcast-bittorrent-throttling-071021/

FWIW, I downloaded the RC3 DVD of Fedora 8 last week quite quickly (a
couple hours) and shared it back to the network over the weekend, seeing
around 5M down, 256K up over the long haul. I used that same image with
an updated torrent and renamed files to update my local copy to the gold
release, replacing only 15% of the blocks (I was surprised it was that
many!), saving the download time and joining in early as a seed.
Download finished in less than 2 hours yesterday and my sharing ratio
had hit 1.33 by this morning. So perhaps Comcast is only messing with
BitTorrent feeds in some more heavily trafficked areas?

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC