Hi,

When I lived on the NH seacoast and had DSL, I had no problems.  Here in
Temple, NH I'm pretty much stuck with Comcast for TV and Internet.  I've had
nothing but issues with their internet service (and I pay for their "fastest"
speed burst option).

My Vonage conversations , if they go on for any length of time, are inevitably
cutoff and I have to reset the modem to get my internet service back.
Downloads and torrents seem sporadic as well, as was indicated in several other
emails on this topic.  Several family members using the internet
simultaneously, results in a slowdown reminiscent of the old college days in
"VAX-Land" when the staff upstairs was doing "important work".

Comcast has been trying to get me to go over to their VoIP as well, and mumbled
something about installing new lines in my house if I did.  I've heard that
there were others having issues (with Comcast) with regards to their VoIP
service as well.

Mike

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:04:36 -0800 (PST)
> From: Bayard Coolidge

> Or be a Comcast customer, unless you're VERY patient.
> Took 7.5 hours using BitTorrent, average d/l speed purportedly 145 kb/s.
> Started at 10:21 AM EST, and finished just a few minutes ago. D/L
> behaviour was very bursty, stalling for several minutes at a time and
> then cranking at over 900kb/sec. I'm leaving it up for a while to "share

I heard, somewhere, that Comcast is actually being sued for violating
net neutrality.  Supposedly, they're throttling BitTorrent traffic.
Sorry, I don't have any links to support this; this info is purely
from the rumor mill. :)