On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:54:27PM -0400, Ben Scott wrote:
> > Can one "relatively painlessly" upgrade from Fedora 9 to 10?
>
>   The official upgrade path for Fedora is to download disc images for
> the latest release, burn and boot from disc, and follow the prompts to
> upgrade.
>
>   I've read several reports about upgrading the running system
> in-place, using yum, but they always come with big warnings about how
> they're unofficial, not supported, here there be dragons, etc.

I've done several of these in-place yum upgrades, with little
trouble, from FC2->FC8, running each intermediate version for a
while.  There were some gotchas I wouldn't expect a typical home
user to be able to work around, but anyone with basic *nix admin
skills should be able to handle.  The version that turned SELinux
on by default (5?  6?) caused me the most trouble, until I realized
what the real problem was and turned SELinux off, the way Bob
intended.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-