Ben Scott <dragonh...@gmail.com> writes:

>   Myself, I've never tried to run OpenVPN on a bitty box like a
> LinkSys router.  CPU power would be my concern; crypto takes lots of
> cycles.

You might be surprised how little it takes, actually--I ran a
small-corporate OpenVPN server with about a dozen frequent (I'm not
actually sure how many simultaneous) users, if I recall correctly,
a 100-MHz system Pentium that I build out of parts scavenged from the
company's rubbish-heap. It looks like these Linksys routers are at
least as fast:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series#Hardware_and_revisions

And they have to have enough computing-power to run WPA, right?

(how does WPA compare to SSL?)

--
Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr)))).