Shawn O'Shea wrote:
> www.apple.com <http://www.apple.com>
>
> In the top navbar, click "Mac"
>
> In the navbar that comes up under that click "Mac Mini"
>
> In the Mac Mini navbar, click Tech Specs
>
> There is a section "In the box" that describes what it comes with
> (which does not include a keyboard and mouse) and there is a section
> called "Graphics and video support" which describes the types of video
> connections and required adapters for other types of connections. I
> don't call that "withholding information"
>
> -Shawn

How about just "wrong information"? If you click on Tech Specs it tells
you you need an adapter to connect to VGA. Scroll down the page and you
see "Confiure to order" (which is definitely the Mac Mini) and
"Accessories". In the "Accessories" list with a clickable link is "Apple
Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter" and when you click on this link you get
"tadah", the wrong adapter. So you ordered this system online and when
you receive it you will wait a while longer when you discover that you
can't hook it up to your VGA monitor.

This whole discussion is interesting because the participants are all
highly skilled technical people. We see things through the eyes of
engineers who well know that the devil is in the details. My friends who
I accompanied to the Apple store are "civilians". There's no way they
would have gotten this right and that was my original observation/complaint.

-Alex