On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Drew Van Zandt <drew.vanza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://oddones.org/lj_pics/drew_desk_crop.jpg

  I note the most important programming tool is present, located about
one foot to the left of the keyboard.  ;-)

> Also, while discussing screen rotation etc. with a colleague, he mentioned
> that the usual LCD subpixel arrangement (the RGB dots) on LCDs was
> designed primarily for the typical orientation, and that if rotated it could
> cause eyestrain.

  Interesting.

  There's also pixel aspect ratio to consider.  Computers historically
have square pixels.  TVs historically have rectangular but non-square
pixels.  With the convergence of TV and computer displays, we might
have some weird corner cases.

-- Ben