Benjamin Scott <dragonh...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Benjamin Scott <dragonh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I see that they have an "apt:" URL in use `for Ubuntu 9.04+'  ...
> >
> >  Where's this you see that?  :)
>
>   Ah, found it.  If one uses the "Get Flash" web page, "APT" shows up
> in the "Versions" drop down list.  And then it produces this URL for
> the "download":
>
>       apt:adobe-flashplugin?channel=$distro-partner
>
>   Reading elsewhere, it would appear Canonical is hosting a repository
> for Adobe.  But Adobe appears to be hosting their own YUM repository.
> Humph.

If you find some indicator of where this `adobe-flashplugin' thing
is actually hosted..., then you could try adding Canonical's repository
to your sources.list, setting APT::Default-Release in /etc/apt.conf
such that Debian's archive is preferred by default, and specifically
`pinning' the `adobe-flashplugin' package to Canonical's archive.

That should actually get you exactly what you want--assuming that
the package is actually compatible, and assuming that Canonical/Adobe
does actually do ship timely updates for that package.

Actually, since the package-name is different in Canonical's archive
than it is in Debian's, you could probably forgo any explicit pinning.