On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Jon 'maddog' Hall <mad...@li.org> wrote:
> If everyone uses the same software in exactly the same way, then it is a
> commodity...but how to you get ahead of your competitor that way?

  But if someone innovates *ANY TIME THEY CAN* it does from
innovation, to being an oddity.  And not all companies who USE
software are IN the software buisness.  I make medical devices.
Should I take the tract of 'Let's make this as new and innovative as
possible', when the inovation we target are in the medical industry?
Do you honestly give a snot if the machine testing you for Cancer is
taking twice as long as it could if I'd implemented an innovating data
analysys algorithm?

  The world isn't only about software.  As a matter of fact, most of it isn't.

--
-- Thomas