Hi,

As numerous places of work are, I am in a mostly windows shop.  I'm
having problems with fedora network manager not setting the hostname
through dhclient to the windows dns and dhcp server.  There are 2
people here that are using Ubuntu without any problems.  I tried the
same setup but it fails.  I created /etc/dhclient-eth0.conf with the
following entries below and still not working.  The values do are in
/var/run/nm-dhclient-eth0.conf used by dhclient.

Any ideas on what to check next or how to resolve the issue.

thanks,
-pete

contents of /etc/dhclient-eth0.conf:

option rfc3442-classless-static-routes code 121 = array of unsigned integer 8;

send fqdn.fqdn "pds-lnxt500.xyz.com.";
send fqdn.server-update on;
send option host-name "pds-lnxt500";

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
        domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
        netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope, interface-mtu,
        rfc3442-classless-static-routes, ntp-servers;

interface "tun0" {
     send option fqdn.fqdn "pds-lnxt500-vpn.xyz.com.";
     send option host-name "pds-lnxt500-vpn";
     send option fqdn.server-update on;
     }