Just had the experience of designing a multiple outlet web switch.

JAVA/Browser UI with python/RaspPI controller.

In this case I had some serious in rush current issues for a couple of
devices being controlled.

Ultimately switched to SSR's that were rated at nearly 10 x the current
rating of the devices to avoid welded contacts or fried SSR's.

It works, but I'll probably re-write the software with a custom GUI and
skip the web sockets for udp.

Mac