Pick your recruiters carefully.
A good one will help you find the right fit.

A bad one will get you ignored by an employer.  I once worked with a bad
one and later encountered them from the employer's side (my boss).  My boss
will never hire someone from that recruiter again.

In general, the best leads come from people that know you before the job
has gone to the web.  Tell everyone you know that you're looking so they
know you want those leads.  You don't want to miss them because they
thought you were not looking.