Thanks John.  I got a little further.

Now I get an error that is related to hardening.  The error blames AV SW on my
windows machine.  I'm not surprised, but I can't even temporarily turn off the
AV to test the hypothesis.  The machine is relatively locked down but I do have
admin privileges.  I

I then made the mistake of installing a VB extension pack.  That causes BSOD.
I haven't seen that in ages.  I'm done with that.  There's no excuse for that
any more.

Is there a VM SW that actually works with a corporate managed PC?  And is low
cost or free?

I'd go with VMware if I was going to always needing VM's, but this is not the
case.  I only need a VM to install some SW on yet a different machine.  It's a
Jetson TX2.  This is a heck of a lot of work to do a tiny thing.  What's
driving me crazy is that I already have the TX2 talking to the internet, so
you'd think an update would be trivial.

Bruce

⁣Sent from Blue ​