I like the commercialization policy posted on the wiki.  Protecting
members' privacy and preserving GNHLUG's goals are certainly
non-negotiable.  It would be easy to simply say "no" to all commercial
interests, but I believe there's room to discuss the possibility of
win-win situations where GNHLUG's agenda can be advanced and business
gain exposure.

I also love freebies, and think giveaways are a great way to encourage
attendance. I have no problem with providing for a limited commercial
presence on the public WWW, especially if those interests align with
ours (e.g. if Microsoft wants a banner, we want cash, not CD-keys).
The limit requires discussing- I think having a 'sponsors frame' on
every page would be obnoxious, but assume they may be turned off by
being stuck on a crowded low-traffic
"one-lousy-link-away-from-being-an-orphan" page.  There's plenty of
room in between to find a compromise.

One thing I would urge is expanding the commercialization policy to
state specific acceptable methods, as well as document any
agreements/sponsorships we accept.  Not wanting to risk causing this
thread to turn to legal issues and our tax status, I'll shush now.

Michael