On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Greg Rundlett (freephile)
<g...@freephile.com> wrote:
> ... if GNHLUG meets the requirements for this program ...

  It does not: "This donation is available to nonprofits with
501(c)(3) designation..."

  It finally happened.  People had been threatening for years that we
might miss out on something if we didn't get an IRS tax exemption.

  That said, in this particular case, we're not missing out on *too*
much.  I don't think I've been to a LUG meeting in some time that
didn't have several people with high def video cameras built-in to
their handheld computers (AKA "cell phones").  One advantage of such
devices is they often have radios built-in to do live streaming if you
want.

  Alternatively, I just bought a Canon point-and-shoot camera which
does movies, too.  Seems to do a fairly good job for what it is.  I
also have a tripod.  if anyone wants, I'd be happy to record a
meeting.

-- Ben