On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Joshua S. Freeman wrote:
> dns for threeofus.com should be served by macDNS on the mac at
> 199.232.38.2

  That would be no problem.

> I want smtp for client users (non-*nix clients) to use mail.threeofus.com,
> aka 199.232.38.2 (Eudora Internet Mail Server)... I want ALL pop
> activity/incoming mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED] to be spooled on the
> linux box, 199.232.38.4 aka pop3.threeofus.com so that...

  You *HAVE* to configure your mail host (on the Mac) to do that.  There is
*NO* way to have the DNS sort it out for you.  This isn't a Mac list, so I
doubt anyone here knows anything about your mail server on the Mac.  Consult
the documentation.  :-)

  Alternatively, move your mail services over to the Linux machine.  We *can*
help you with that.  :)

> I do have a question though:  how do I lock down smtp services on the
> linux box if I move smtp services there (for users using clients from
> other networks...)

  Not sure what you mean by "lock down".  Please clarify.  :)

--
Ben Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]