On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Niall Kavanagh wrote:
>> ATA/66 may be common, but the host controller interface is not quite so
>
> There's support in the 2.3 kernels and 2.4-test (which I'm now running).
> I'm not sure what Suse did, but I'm assuming they backported the drivers
> for their distro.

  SuSE has a reputation for doing a good job of integrating "pre-production"
code into their distribution in a stable fashion.  They did this with KDE,
XFree, and USB support, to name a few.  One of the pluses of that brand, I
guess.

>> You can (or at least, used to be able to -- I haven't tried under
>> 7.0) boot the install set and get a bash prompt ...
>
> I've done that before. Maybe I didn't tinker enough, but I didn't get a
> prompt when I flicked around ...

  Hmmm.  Depending on the release of RHL you're using and the phase of the
moon, you may need to pass the "rescue" keyword at the boot prompt.  Maybe
that was what you needed?

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>