        From:   Benjamin Scott [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Tuesday, January 02, 2001 4:27 PM
        To:     Greater NH Linux Users' Group
        Subject:        Nostalgia (was: New distribution?)

        On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Derek D. Martin wrote:
        > Anybody download Doom shareware on 4 floppies from your local BBS?
Then
        > realize that your little 386 with 1MB wasn't machine enough to run
it?

          Heh heh heh.  A friend and I spent several days downloading Doom
over 2400
        BPS modems when it came out.  I split my half up onto 360 KB
floppies (all I
        could use at the time) and sneakernet'ed it to his house.  We were
then amazed
        that his fairly hefty 16 MHz 286 with four whole megabytes of RAM
couldn't run
        it.

          I still fondly remember playing Duke Nukem and Commander Keen in
16 color
        EGA.  :-)

        --
        Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>