On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Derek D. Martin wrote:
> While I largely agree with this, I will point out that RH 7.1 is GREAT
> for most of the laptops I've come in contact with.

  For that matter, is is probably fine for most desktop systems, too.  At
worst, it is still better than Windows, and free, too.  We've got several
desktop systems in the office running RHL 7.1, with minimal problems.  I
just wouldn't want to trust a server to it.  You don't want your server
crashing every couple of months because of swap starvation or some stupid
thing.

  (We've also had weird problems with RHL 7.x not being able to bring down a
PPP modem link programatically, which happens to affect several of our
smaller customers.)

> Just make sure you stay on top of the updates...

  That applies universally.  :-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>