I have the following situation and wondered if anyone has any experience
with this and can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to set up a
Beowulf cluster and all machines are running either Red Hat 7.1 or 7.2.
There are 5 computers including the head node plus one system which is the
NIS server for the head node. The head node is a NIS client and also the
NIS slave server. The head node also exports the home directory for the NIS
network. The head node has two network cards, one for the main network
155.?.?.? and the other is 192.168.1.?. This is way over my head and I'll
have to do a lot of reading but is there a way the slave nodes, which are
on the 192 network, can see the 155 network so I don't have to create all
the users on each slave node to match user id and group id. I hope I'm
explaining this correctly but I'm sure you'll let me know if not.

Thanks,

Bob Casey