  Jon> "One of the features prominently advertised by Intuit for
  Jon> QuickBooks 2001 was the ability to send invoices via e-mail,"
  Jon> says Ms. Billings. "With this latest update, I had to accept
  Jon> a new TOS [Terms of Service] agreement in order to keep using
  Jon> this feature.

Hmmm, I know this is probably way beyond the grasp of the average
user like "Ms. Billings", however, couldn't she choose to print the
invoice, select "print to file" and mail the postscript file herself?
That's what I'd do to get around this.  Why in the world would anyone
want to have this type of e-mail go through an unknown mail server
like Intuit's?  Of course, non-geeks are likely to be completely
clueless as to how e-mail works, never mind what servers their e-mail
travels through.

Hmmm, I don't suppose there's the option to encrypt said invoices
*before* mailing it out, huh?  Of course, that would pre-suppose that
each party created and supplied the invoicing user with a public
encryption key.

I don't like the USPS overly much, but at least (AFAIK), they don't
currently read my mail as it passes through their facilities :)
--

Seeya,
Paul