On 10/01/2017 12:11 PM, Pascal via Gnoga-list wrote:
> Thus, even loaded, the duration seems not known and more is set to "Infinity".
> I don't know how to get the duration without playing the file.

Thanks for your efforts on this. The problem is that my real application, which
differs from Ding primarily in that it reads a list of file names from a file,
shuffles the list, and then plays the files in shuffled order, does show the
total time in the widget with Chromium. Oddly, Ding with Chromium doesn't
display the total time for files that do display it for the real program, and I
don't see any significant difference between them.

--
Jeff Carter
"I would never want to belong to any club that